Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It has been awhile since I wrote - over a month!- ... and LOTS has been going on in the past month, including two stomach viruses in our home- the worst one skipped by Emmy, thank the Lord, ...and most importantly, a pregnancy! We kept it a secret for the most part, and are happy to be able to share now- that I am a little over 15 weeks pregnant- which is a blessing, both the pregnancy and the fact that I am now in my second trimester:) We really are so excited. Emmy exclaims "sister!" whenever the baby is mentioned. And lately, she points to her belly and says "Emmy's baby." 

A big change in the last month since I've written, is that Emmy has really been exploding with language. She started with a couple two or three word sentences like "See my Daddy!" or "Drink please," but now it is just too much to keep track of. 

A very cute thing lately is that she is able to finish lines in her books that I read to her. At first I noticed it in books that we've been reading to her often since she was a year old or so. Then, I wondered if she had caught on to any of the words in more recent additions to her library- and much to our surprise, she knows so many words in books that we've only had for a little while

Here is a little video of her helping me to read her Easter board book. So fun and so special to hear her say these words that she doesn't quite understand, but of course hold so much meaning to us! Unfortunately, I couldn't capture her saying "Jer-ooo-salem", which is the cutest word in the book to hear her say:) 



No comments:

Post a Comment