Friday, March 14, 2014

Emmy's Nest.

For the past few months, Emmy has been really into her "nest". Actually, nest was one of her first words,! It is the little window nook in her bedroom, where I made her a little bed of blankets and pillows. After her bath, and pajamas, she soon proclaims "nest!" and grabs an armful of books for me to read to her. It has actually been a blessing that developed after I stopped nursing her, a little bedtime routine that she can count on and enjoy.
Fun fact- this picture is actually a little outdated, a month or 2 ago, -because Emmy now associates her pacifier only with her crib- yay!- naps and bedtimes only. Once we are done reading books, she declares "Paci!", which I give her, then "Jesus." who we sing about in the rocking chair. and if she is still awake, "Pray?" before I put her down in her crib. The joy of routines that work:)
(A little less cute of a routine in the last couple months, has been Emmy's funny habit of waking at 3:30am almost every night, and when I go in she tells me she would like to be put in her nest. It is sort of strange, but she falls asleep in a few minutes, and spends the rest of her night here. Thankfully this is getting :a little: less regular,! hehe.)



 All this to say, that this weekend we are actually going to be saying goodbye to the nest, and switching our bedrooms. Bron and I have the big front room, and Emmy has this little green room. Emmy's toys and books are kind of taking over our house, so we are going to give her the big room and make it into a playroom too.

Someday I hope to paint over the green, but I suppose that can wait a couple months. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment